Transient

The journey was going smoothly as each day passes by
It’s been two years down the lane
Despite the distance, we kept waxing strong
The arguments, fights, play, jokes, made it more beautiful
They didn't stand in the way of what we shared 'cause there were timely communication and understanding
I said to myself "Yes! I have found the one"
Little did I know it was just for a while
You caught me unaware when you requested for a break
Of course, I didn't see that coming at all
So I thought maybe you were going through some things
And you needed some time to yourself.
It dawned on me when days rolled into weeks and weeks into months,
Then I realized that it's over, we have come to the end of our journey.
I never knew it will end this way without a cogent reason
I guess that's why I'm still finding it hard to believe you left
It's almost a year but the memories still lingers in my heart
Its Funny how I forgave you even though I'm still pained.
Hopefully, one day you will tell me why you did it.

Comments

Popular Posts